Author Topic: Expanded DVD Library - Available to Lend!  (Read 2107 times)

Grumblecakes

• President
Expanded DVD Library - Available to Lend!
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »
Thanks to a generous donation from Robert (Bentprop), the club now has a greatly expanded selection of how-to DVDs! 

These titles are now available for MBVV members to borrow for 4 weeks at a time:

Bug Me Volume #1  (General Maintenance)
Covers:  Valve Adjustment; Clutch Adjustment; Fan Belt Replacement and Adjustment; Spark Plugs; Distributor; Carburetor Adjustment

Bug Me Volume #2  (Pull Motor & Clutch Service)
Covers:  Pull Motor; Replace Clutch; Release Bearing; Crank Seal; Rear Mounts; Clutch Cable

Bug Me Volume #3:  (Type 1 Complete Engine Rebuild)
Covers:  Tear Down; Clean Up; Inspection; Assembly

Bug Me Volume #4:  (Brakes)
Covers:  Brake shoes; Wheel cylinders; Brake lines; Disc brakes; Master cylinder; Drums and rotors; Emergency brake; wheel bearings and seals

Bug Me Volume #5:  (Transmission Replacement)
Covers:  Swing Axle & I.R.S.; Replace Axles; Shift Housing; C.V. Joints; Rear Axle Bearing & Grease Seals

Bug Me Volume #6:  (Floor Pans)
Covers:  Repair; Replacement; Remove Body; Basic Welding

Bug Me Volume #7:  (Heater Channel Replacement)
Covers:  Heater Channel; Lower Door Post; Lower Quarter Panel

Bug Me Volume #8:  (Type 4 Engine Rebuild)
Covers:  Tear Down; Inspection; Assembly

Bug Me Volume #9:  (Wiring)
Covers:  Wiring Harness Replacement; Identifying IndividualWires and Terminals; Changes Over the Years: 1961-79

Bug Me Volume #10:  (Electrical Troubleshooting)
Covers:  Battery Care; Starting and Charging System; Convert from 6v to 12v; Replace Turn Signal Arm; Replace Ignition Switch; Learn How To Solder

JBugs (Interior Restoration Video)
Covers:  Carpet; Headliner; Door Panels; Seats

JBugs (Exterior Restoration Video)
Covers:  Windows; Body Seals; Running Boards; Rebuilding of Doors

ClassicVWBugs.com (How to Install Your Classic VW Beetle Bug Ragtop Headliner)
Covers:  Tear Down; Padding; Sound Deadening; Prep; Rust Proofing; Headliner; Ragtop Installation
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:17:53 AM by Grumblecakes »
Cheers,

Randy

vw_hank

• Associate Member
Re: Expanded DVD Library - Available to Lend!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:49:42 AM »
 For the guys living to the south I also have #1-#10 for loco use ;)
1972 1302s sunroof, TimsACVW 1600cc, W100, kadrons with scat linkage, full flowed, Glenn ring 010, toplineparts.com suspension, factory front disk brakes, type-III rear brakes, Hurst shifter, empi 8's, And A lot more..Big Thanks to Jes67 & Keoki for all there help!!

blue72

• Associate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
Hank, I'm in Tacoma for the first couple weeks of June and am wanting to possibly do my brakes. I wanted to see the bug me video on that topic before I start. Is that too far south for local use?

vw_hank

• Associate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Hank, I'm in Tacoma for the first couple weeks of June and am wanting to possibly do my brakes. I wanted to see the bug me video on that topic before I start. Is that too far south for local use?
Tacoma is like 10-15min away, most of the guys on this site are 2-3hr away  ;)
 what are you looking to do? just pads and adjust or replace everything?
1972 1302s sunroof, TimsACVW 1600cc, W100, kadrons with scat linkage, full flowed, Glenn ring 010, toplineparts.com suspension, factory front disk brakes, type-III rear brakes, Hurst shifter, empi 8's, And A lot more..Big Thanks to Jes67 & Keoki for all there help!!

blue72

• Associate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
I'm looking to basically familiarize myself with the "braking system", replace my rear pads/shoes, and adjust them since it pulls a little to the left if I brake hard. I had an inspection done when I bought the car and the guy told me I had like 20% left on my rear and that was a few months ago. I want to take a look at them myself and figure I might as well replace them while i'm down there.

I've also go mauals to help me but the visual sure helps.

vw_hank

• Associate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
PM sent

Blue67

• Associate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »
I'm getting ready to put my headliner in and was wondering about borrowing the headliner videos. How do I go about that. I'm going to the spring meet. Can I hook up with somebody there if possible?

Thanks
Ken

Grumblecakes

• President
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:37:25 PM »
Hey, Ken - The videos are at my house, and it looks like I'm not going to make it to Springmeet this year.  Maybe one of the guys heading down from Bellingham could be coerced into taking them down for you.  Also, why not have a work party to get your headliner in?  I know I would love to get some experience before I tackle my own!

Randy
Cheers,

Randy

Blue67

• Associate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 01:22:09 PM »
Thanks Randy

Ken

Grumblecakes

• President
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 06:27:29 PM »
I'm sending the discs down with Chris Kehoe (Goaliechris17).  He'll be driving a red bay window bus with a white driver-side door.  When you're done drop me a line and we'll figure out how to get them back up here.

Cheers,

Randy
Cheers,

Randy

Blue67

• Associate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »
Thanks again

Ken